New York News
Stubborn fire tears through duplex in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- More than 130 firefighters battled a stubborn fire at a multi-family home in Brooklyn overnight Monday.
The fire started around 1:30 a.m. at 1 Dahlgren Place, a duplex with two families living side by side, in the Bay Ridge section.
The flames broke out on the second floor and quickly spread.
At least two firefighters suffered minor injuries.
A freelance photographer who lives behind the building first pounded on neighbors' doors to alert them to leave their homes, then shot video of the fire.
The FDNY scrambled 33 units to the scene and kept the flames from spreading to other houses.
None of the residents of the homes were injured.
nyc news, bay ridge, brooklyn news, fire, new york news
- Missing plane may have turned back 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour 28 min ago
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong 1 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
52 min ago