New York News
Stubborn fire tears through duplex in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- More than 130 firefighters battled a stubborn fire at a multi-family home in Brooklyn overnight Monday.
The fire started around 1:30 a.m. at 1 Dahlgren Place, a duplex with two families living side by side, in the Bay Ridge section.
The flames broke out on the second floor and quickly spread.
At least two firefighters suffered minor injuries.
A freelance photographer who lives behind the building first pounded on neighbors' doors to alert them to leave their homes, then shot video of the fire.
The FDNY scrambled 33 units to the scene and kept the flames from spreading to other houses.
None of the residents of the homes were injured.
nyc news, bay ridge, brooklyn news, fire, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos