New York News
Man shot in Manhattan club where Plaxico Burress shot himself
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Brooklyn man was shot during a dispute over a woman inside the Midtown club where Plaxico Burress infamously shot himself in 2008.
Police say the 26-year-old victim was shot inside the Latin Quarter nightclub on Lexington Avenue near 47th Street at about 4 a.m. Monday.
He was shot in the stomach and taken to Bellevue Hospital for treatment of the non-life threatening injury.
The suspect, described as a male Hispanic in his 20s, fled the club.
His weapon was recovered at the scene.
Authorities say the victim placed his hand on a woman, sparking an argument that lead to the shooting.
The victim has a half dozen prior arrests, including assault, criminal possession of controlled substance and burglary.
Burress accidentally shot himself inside the club in 2008. He spent 21 months in prison on an illegal gun charge.
nyc news, midtown, manhattan news, shooting, new york news
- 9 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera
- Disturbing details emerge about suspected Etan Patz killer
- Rangel expected to announce run for 23rd term
- Jersey City boil water advisory in effect after main break
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013