New York News
Man shot in Manhattan club where Plaxico Burress shot himself
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Brooklyn man was shot during a dispute over a woman inside the Midtown club where Plaxico Burress infamously shot himself in 2008.
Police say the 26-year-old victim was shot inside the Latin Quarter nightclub on Lexington Avenue near 47th Street at about 4 a.m. Monday.
He was shot in the stomach and taken to Bellevue Hospital for treatment of the non-life threatening injury.
The suspect, described as a male Hispanic in his 20s, fled the club.
His weapon was recovered at the scene.
Authorities say the victim placed his hand on a woman, sparking an argument that lead to the shooting.
The victim has a half dozen prior arrests, including assault, criminal possession of controlled substance and burglary.
Burress accidentally shot himself inside the club in 2008. He spent 21 months in prison on an illegal gun charge.
nyc news, midtown, manhattan news, shooting, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities 35 min ago
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate 16 min ago
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams