New York News
Borough Park fire damages apartments, store
BOROUGH PARK (WABC) -- A dozen firefighters sustained minor injuries battling a two-alarm fire that damaged a store and apartment building in the Borough Park section of Brooklyn on Wednesday.
The fire broke out around 11:30 a.m. in the 43-hundred block of 18th Avenue in Borough Park.
The building contains a store on the lower level and apartments on the second and third floors, where the fire started.
The fire reached two alarms before firefighters knocked down the flames.
Authorities reported 14 injured, including a dozen firefighters. Most of the injuries were minor, officials said. One firefighter was treated for smoke inhalation.
The victims were taken to Kings County Hospital, Lutheran Medical Center and Maimonides Hospital.
The Red Cross is helping some of the residents, officials said.
The cause is under investigation.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 29 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 53 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 51 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
29 min ago