New York News
Borough Park fire damages apartments, store
BOROUGH PARK (WABC) -- A dozen firefighters sustained minor injuries battling a two-alarm fire that damaged a store and apartment building in the Borough Park section of Brooklyn on Wednesday.
The fire broke out around 11:30 a.m. in the 43-hundred block of 18th Avenue in Borough Park.
The building contains a store on the lower level and apartments on the second and third floors, where the fire started.
The fire reached two alarms before firefighters knocked down the flames.
Authorities reported 14 injured, including a dozen firefighters. Most of the injuries were minor, officials said. One firefighter was treated for smoke inhalation.
The victims were taken to Kings County Hospital, Lutheran Medical Center and Maimonides Hospital.
The Red Cross is helping some of the residents, officials said.
The cause is under investigation.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark 8 min ago
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77 7 min ago
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in...
8 min ago