New York News
Images released of suspect in 4 Midtown bank robberies
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The search is on for a man who police say robbed at least four banks in Manhattan, and they're hoping surveillance images will lead to an arrest.
The suspect is accused of taking off with cash in four robberies over the last week in Midtown.
In three of the incidents, he demanded cash from the teller. But in the other robbery, he took money from a bank customer.
The victims were not injured as a result of these robberies.
The spree began around 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, September 3, inside an HSBC on 7th Avenue. Police say the man also hit a Capital One on 8th Avenue on September 9 and a Chase on 57th Street on September 10.
A half hour after that incident, the man reportedly went to an American Express on Park Avenue and made verbal demands to the teller simulating a gun in a plastic bag. When he did not receive any money, he robbed a 62-year-old woman who was depositing money and fled with her currency.
The suspect is described as a black male around 5-foot-5 and 160 pounds. He is bald, but wore a black wig during one of the robberies. He is seen wearing baseball hats during the others.
Anyone with information in regards to these incidents is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion