New York News
Maspeth accident that injured 5 students caught on camera
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Three students are recovering Friday after a frightening crash in Maspeth, Queens, and frightening video shows the moments leading up to the crash.
The children, all ages 12 and 13, were walking to school on 71st Street and Grand Avenue just before 8 a.m. when an out-of-control SUV jumped the curb and slammed into them.
Just seconds before the accident, the video shows a sidewalk full of students. Police say the driver, who stayed at the scene, accidentally hit the gas instead of the brakes. Two girls were pinned under the vehicle.
"Me and like 10 other guys helped lift the car up, and that was it," Good Samaritan Doug Foubister said. "We got the girls out, and from there, paramedics and police and everybody was here after that."
Five students suffered injuries, but remarkably, none of them are life threatening.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, maspeth, queens news, pedestrian struck, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43 47 min ago
- Granderson hits sac fly to lift Mets over Braves in 14
- Anna, Beltran key Yankees' 5-1, 12-inning win
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos