New York News
Maspeth accident that injured 5 students caught on camera
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Three students are recovering Friday after a frightening crash in Maspeth, Queens, and frightening video shows the moments leading up to the crash.
The children, all ages 12 and 13, were walking to school on 71st Street and Grand Avenue just before 8 a.m. when an out-of-control SUV jumped the curb and slammed into them.
Just seconds before the accident, the video shows a sidewalk full of students. Police say the driver, who stayed at the scene, accidentally hit the gas instead of the brakes. Two girls were pinned under the vehicle.
"Me and like 10 other guys helped lift the car up, and that was it," Good Samaritan Doug Foubister said. "We got the girls out, and from there, paramedics and police and everybody was here after that."
Five students suffered injuries, but remarkably, none of them are life threatening.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, maspeth, queens news, pedestrian struck, new york news
- Snowstorm moves into New York area 26 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos 31 min ago
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures 31 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures 32 min ago
- NJ Transit delays due to problems on Portal Bridge
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow 4 min ago
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Port Authority relocating owls that are threat to planes
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
26 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos