New York News
Jyoti Amge, world's shortest woman, visits New York City
NEW YORK -- A woman Guinness World Records says is the shortest in the world made a visit to one of the world's tallest buildings in New York City for the launch of the latest edition of the records book.
Jyoti Amge visited the 86th floor observation deck of the Empire State Building on Thursday. The 19-year-old from Nagpur, India, measures at just over 2 feet, 1/2 inch tall.
She's making her first visit to the United States. Through a translator, Amge said Guinness had given her the opportunity to travel the world and made her "very popular and very famous."
Her trip to New York City also included a visit to Times Square and the Statue of Liberty.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 4 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks 45 min ago
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
4 min ago