New York News
Bronx hit and run leaves 27-year-old woman dead
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are looking for the driver of a vehicle that fatally struck a 27-year-old woman in the Bronx early Sunday.
The incident happened around 5 a.m. at the intersection of Evergreen Avenue and Bruckner Boulevard.
Responding officers found the woman, identified as Maria Dulce-Valencia, unconscious and unresponsive with trauma about the body, lying on the roadway.
EMS was present at the location, and pronounced the victim dead on arrival at the scene.
The investigation revealed the woman was attempting to cross Evergreen when a black sedan, traveling westbound on the service road of Bruckner Boulevard, struck the woman and fled the scene prior to arrival of police.
Police have charged 19-year-old David Rojas for leaving the accident scene that resulted in death.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bronx news, hit and run accident, new york news
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos