New York News
Bronx hit and run leaves 27-year-old woman dead
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are looking for the driver of a vehicle that fatally struck a 27-year-old woman in the Bronx early Sunday.
The incident happened around 5 a.m. at the intersection of Evergreen Avenue and Bruckner Boulevard.
Responding officers found the woman, identified as Maria Dulce-Valencia, unconscious and unresponsive with trauma about the body, lying on the roadway.
EMS was present at the location, and pronounced the victim dead on arrival at the scene.
The investigation revealed the woman was attempting to cross Evergreen when a black sedan, traveling westbound on the service road of Bruckner Boulevard, struck the woman and fled the scene prior to arrival of police.
Police have charged 19-year-old David Rojas for leaving the accident scene that resulted in death.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bronx news, hit and run accident, new york news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
40 min ago