New York News
Bronx hit and run leaves 27-year-old woman dead
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are looking for the driver of a vehicle that fatally struck a 27-year-old woman in the Bronx early Sunday.
The incident happened around 5 a.m. at the intersection of Evergreen Avenue and Bruckner Boulevard.
Responding officers found the woman, identified as Maria Dulce-Valencia, unconscious and unresponsive with trauma about the body, lying on the roadway.
EMS was present at the location, and pronounced the victim dead on arrival at the scene.
The investigation revealed the woman was attempting to cross Evergreen when a black sedan, traveling westbound on the service road of Bruckner Boulevard, struck the woman and fled the scene prior to arrival of police.
Police have charged 19-year-old David Rojas for leaving the accident scene that resulted in death.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bronx news, hit and run accident, new york news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos