New York News
Man struck by pickup truck at Brooklyn bus stop after accident
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man was struck by an out of control pickup truck while waiting for the bus in the Bay Ridge section of Brooklyn.
The 71-year-old victim was struck while waiting for the B4 bus at Bay Ridge Parkway and 13th Avenue just before 12:30 p.m.
He was sitting on the bench at the bus stop when he was struck.
He was taken to Lutheran Medical Center in critical condition.
The pickup truck and a minivan collided at the nearby intersection. The force of the collision sent the pickup truck into the bus stop.
The driver stopped at the scene. Detectives are investigating to find out which vehicle may have run a red light. So far, no charges were immediately filed.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 5 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 17 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage