New York News
Man struck by pickup truck at Brooklyn bus stop after accident
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man was struck by an out of control pickup truck while waiting for the bus in the Bay Ridge section of Brooklyn.
The 71-year-old victim was struck while waiting for the B4 bus at Bay Ridge Parkway and 13th Avenue just before 12:30 p.m.
He was sitting on the bench at the bus stop when he was struck.
He was taken to Lutheran Medical Center in critical condition.
The pickup truck and a minivan collided at the nearby intersection. The force of the collision sent the pickup truck into the bus stop.
The driver stopped at the scene. Detectives are investigating to find out which vehicle may have run a red light. So far, no charges were immediately filed.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Chilly Wednesday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- Photos: Blind man and dog fall on subway tracks
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- ACS workers reach plea deal in girl's death
- Jersey City reveals what was inside mysterious safes
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos