New York News
Man struck by pickup truck at Brooklyn bus stop after accident
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man was struck by an out of control pickup truck while waiting for the bus in the Bay Ridge section of Brooklyn.
The 71-year-old victim was struck while waiting for the B4 bus at Bay Ridge Parkway and 13th Avenue just before 12:30 p.m.
He was sitting on the bench at the bus stop when he was struck.
He was taken to Lutheran Medical Center in critical condition.
The pickup truck and a minivan collided at the nearby intersection. The force of the collision sent the pickup truck into the bus stop.
The driver stopped at the scene. Detectives are investigating to find out which vehicle may have run a red light. So far, no charges were immediately filed.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos