New York News
Arrest made in Chelsea hate crime attack
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in a brutal bias attack on two gay men in Manhattan.
The assault happened near West 25th Street in Chelsea in August.
Police say two men attacked the victims while shouting gay slurs.
Then, up to four other attackers joined in.
23-year-old Alfonso Lanier was arrested Tuesday.
He's facing hate crimes charges for assault and harassment.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, chelsea, hate crime, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos