New York News
Suspect wanted in attempted rape of 10-year-old
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Queens are searching for a dangerous sexual predator who attempted to rape a 10-year-old girl on her way to school.
Police released a sketch of the man they say is behind this heinous crime, which happened around 7:15 a.m. Monday at the intersection 168th Street and Douglas Avenue in Jamaica.
According to authorities, the man approached the girl while she walked to her school, where she just started sixth grade.
He reportedly pushed her to the ground, jumped on top of her and tried to rape her. Police say she kicked and screamed in an attempt to fight him off.
It wasn't until a car drove up that the man took off and fled the scene.
The girl was not physically injured and proceded to her school. She is now receiving counseling.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, jamaica, queens news, child sex assault, new york news
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft 1 min ago
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players 2 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos