New York News
Violent car crash in Springfield Gardens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A violent car crash happened in Springfield Gardens, Queens Wednesday night.
The sound and force of the impact sent neighbors running out of their homes to see what happened.
It took tow trucks to separate the two vehicles.
The impact was so great, and the speed of the SUV was so great, that it pinned the car against a brick wall, and firefighters had to cut the roof off of it to get the driver out.
"A big boom. Yeah, I came out to see this," said Monet Stewart, a witness.
Investigators spent hours looking at the wreck and trying to piece it all together.
Witnesses told different stories about how close behind the police were and how quickly they got here, but all the stories were consistent about the violence of the crash.
"I was in my bedroom and I heard the crash, and when I came outside it scared me because we had too many accidents before, but this one here was the worst," said Carmella Stewart, a witness.
Police have not yet released details on what might have led to the crash, or the conditions of any of the people in the vehicles.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, queens news, accident, new york news, jim dolan
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UConn sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
22 min ago