New York News
Violent car crash in Springfield Gardens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A violent car crash happened in Springfield Gardens, Queens Wednesday night.
The sound and force of the impact sent neighbors running out of their homes to see what happened.
It took tow trucks to separate the two vehicles.
The impact was so great, and the speed of the SUV was so great, that it pinned the car against a brick wall, and firefighters had to cut the roof off of it to get the driver out.
"A big boom. Yeah, I came out to see this," said Monet Stewart, a witness.
Investigators spent hours looking at the wreck and trying to piece it all together.
Witnesses told different stories about how close behind the police were and how quickly they got here, but all the stories were consistent about the violence of the crash.
"I was in my bedroom and I heard the crash, and when I came outside it scared me because we had too many accidents before, but this one here was the worst," said Carmella Stewart, a witness.
Police have not yet released details on what might have led to the crash, or the conditions of any of the people in the vehicles.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, queens news, accident, new york news, jim dolan
- London theatre roof collapses; Dozens injured 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos