New York News
Violent car crash in Springfield Gardens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A violent car crash happened in Springfield Gardens, Queens Wednesday night.
The sound and force of the impact sent neighbors running out of their homes to see what happened.
It took tow trucks to separate the two vehicles.
The impact was so great, and the speed of the SUV was so great, that it pinned the car against a brick wall, and firefighters had to cut the roof off of it to get the driver out.
"A big boom. Yeah, I came out to see this," said Monet Stewart, a witness.
Investigators spent hours looking at the wreck and trying to piece it all together.
Witnesses told different stories about how close behind the police were and how quickly they got here, but all the stories were consistent about the violence of the crash.
"I was in my bedroom and I heard the crash, and when I came outside it scared me because we had too many accidents before, but this one here was the worst," said Carmella Stewart, a witness.
Police have not yet released details on what might have led to the crash, or the conditions of any of the people in the vehicles.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, queens news, accident, new york news, jim dolan
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 8 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State 52 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store 13 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 11 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
8 min ago