New York News
Violent car crash in Springfield Gardens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A violent car crash happened in Springfield Gardens, Queens Wednesday night.
The sound and force of the impact sent neighbors running out of their homes to see what happened.
It took tow trucks to separate the two vehicles.
The impact was so great, and the speed of the SUV was so great, that it pinned the car against a brick wall, and firefighters had to cut the roof off of it to get the driver out.
"A big boom. Yeah, I came out to see this," said Monet Stewart, a witness.
Investigators spent hours looking at the wreck and trying to piece it all together.
Witnesses told different stories about how close behind the police were and how quickly they got here, but all the stories were consistent about the violence of the crash.
"I was in my bedroom and I heard the crash, and when I came outside it scared me because we had too many accidents before, but this one here was the worst," said Carmella Stewart, a witness.
Police have not yet released details on what might have led to the crash, or the conditions of any of the people in the vehicles.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, queens news, accident, new york news, jim dolan
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97