New York News
Passenger locks cab driver in trunk
BRONX (WABC) -- On Thursday morning, a livery cab driver picked up a fare, and started heading to the Bronx.
The male passenger in the cab then pulled out a gun, and told the driver they were heading to Albany. He stole the driver's cell phone and money and then told the driver to pull off at Exit 23 on the Saw Mill River Parkway. That's when the passenger told the driver to get out of the car and then locked him in the trunk of the car.
The driver was able to open the trunk using a safety latch, and jumped out of the moving vehicle to find safety as it slowed down. The victim suffered minor injuries.
Police arrested the suspect, 27-year-old Robert Mizell and confiscated the vehicle. Mizell is charged with 2nd Degree Kidnapping, Criminal Use of a Firearm, Criminal Possession of a Weapon.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card 54 min ago
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 32 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- 3-year-old boy gets stuck in Nebraska claw machine 27 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos