New York News
Passenger locks cab driver in trunk
BRONX (WABC) -- On Thursday morning, a livery cab driver picked up a fare, and started heading to the Bronx.
The male passenger in the cab then pulled out a gun, and told the driver they were heading to Albany. He stole the driver's cell phone and money and then told the driver to pull off at Exit 23 on the Saw Mill River Parkway. That's when the passenger told the driver to get out of the car and then locked him in the trunk of the car.
The driver was able to open the trunk using a safety latch, and jumped out of the moving vehicle to find safety as it slowed down. The victim suffered minor injuries.
Police arrested the suspect, 27-year-old Robert Mizell and confiscated the vehicle. Mizell is charged with 2nd Degree Kidnapping, Criminal Use of a Firearm, Criminal Possession of a Weapon.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 10 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Con Edison and unrepaired gas leaks
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 5 min ago
- Two women hold top 2 spots in Newark Police Department
- Former Gov. Jon Corzine's son dies
- Photos: $2.35 million 'Modern Family' home for sale
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
51 min ago