New York News
Residents allowed back inside SoHo evacuated building
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The building at 188 6th Avenue in SoHo has been inspected and declared safe.
911 was called at around 3:20 p.m. after someone complained that the building at 188 6th Avenue was shaking.
It was evacuated after residents felt the walls shake and noticed cracks all over the outside of the building.
It turns out those cracks are only cosmetic.
There was no structural damage done by the construction going on next door.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 7 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 12 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- US deploys 600 troops to Ukraine border nations 53 min ago
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens 9 min ago
- Jet stowaway spent hours undetected before flight 48 min ago
- NYC among 15 cities being considered for 2016 DNC 29 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
7 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos