New York News
Residents allowed back inside SoHo evacuated building
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The building at 188 6th Avenue in SoHo has been inspected and declared safe.
911 was called at around 3:20 p.m. after someone complained that the building at 188 6th Avenue was shaking.
It was evacuated after residents felt the walls shake and noticed cracks all over the outside of the building.
It turns out those cracks are only cosmetic.
There was no structural damage done by the construction going on next door.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 17 min ago
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos