New York News
Residents allowed back inside SoHo evacuated building
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The building at 188 6th Avenue in SoHo has been inspected and declared safe.
911 was called at around 3:20 p.m. after someone complained that the building at 188 6th Avenue was shaking.
It was evacuated after residents felt the walls shake and noticed cracks all over the outside of the building.
It turns out those cracks are only cosmetic.
There was no structural damage done by the construction going on next door.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- 9 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 26 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Rangel expected to announce run for 23rd term 44 min ago
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera 2 min ago
- Jersey City boil water advisory in effect after main break 33 min ago
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
26 min ago