New York News
Violent Bronx stabbing, robbery caught on video
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A violent robbery and assault was caught on camera in the Bronx, and police are searching for two suspects.
Authorities say a man approached the 60-year-old victim from behind and stabbed him multiple times, all for a cell phone.
The incident happened just before 11 p.m. on September 17 inside the lobby of the man's apartment building on Intervale Avenue in the Longwood section.
The suspect is seen on surveillance video putting the man in a choke hold, stabbing him several times and removing the victim's cell phone.
The female suspect acted as a lookout during the incident, but the victim saw her and tried to signal her for help.
The suspects were later spotted in the neighborhood.
The victim is expected to make a full recovery.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bronx news, robbery, stabbing, new york news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half Marathon 15 min ago
- Suspect tries to abduct 11-year old boy in Queens
- Firefighters hurt battling Bedford Hills house fire 3 min ago
- Photos: Bedford Hills house fire 3 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Here and Now