New York News
Video: Car bursts into flames after crash on FDR Drive
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A car erupted in flames after an accident early Friday in the northbound lanes of the FDR Drive in Manhattan.
The car crashed into barrels by the 23rd Street exit ramp just after 7 a.m.
The vehicle burst into flames, which were caught on video by NewsCopter7.
Firefighters quickly arrived and extinguished the fire.
It appears the driver was able to get out of the car, and there were no reports of serious injuries.
Only one lane of the highway was open as firefighters poured water on the car.
Extensive delays were reported, with traffic backed up past the Williamsburg Bridge.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, fdr drive, accident, fire, new york news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare