New York News
Video: Car bursts into flames after crash on FDR Drive
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A car erupted in flames after an accident early Friday in the northbound lanes of the FDR Drive in Manhattan.
The car crashed into barrels by the 23rd Street exit ramp just after 7 a.m.
The vehicle burst into flames, which were caught on video by NewsCopter7.
Firefighters quickly arrived and extinguished the fire.
It appears the driver was able to get out of the car, and there were no reports of serious injuries.
Only one lane of the highway was open as firefighters poured water on the car.
Extensive delays were reported, with traffic backed up past the Williamsburg Bridge.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, fdr drive, accident, fire, new york news
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded 7 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute 59 min ago
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Funeral held for NYPD traffic agent hit by truck
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later 18 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary 51 min ago