New York News
Video: Car bursts into flames after crash on FDR Drive
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A car erupted in flames after an accident early Friday in the northbound lanes of the FDR Drive in Manhattan.
The car crashed into barrels by the 23rd Street exit ramp just after 7 a.m.
The vehicle burst into flames, which were caught on video by NewsCopter7.
Firefighters quickly arrived and extinguished the fire.
It appears the driver was able to get out of the car, and there were no reports of serious injuries.
Only one lane of the highway was open as firefighters poured water on the car.
Extensive delays were reported, with traffic backed up past the Williamsburg Bridge.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, fdr drive, accident, fire, new york news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83