New York News
Police hunt gunman after teen shot in groin in Canarsie
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The search is on for the person who fired the shot that put a 14-year old boy in a Brooklyn hospital.
The bullet hit the teen in the groin at about 7:30 Friday night at DiNapoli Park in Canarsie.
Police spent the evening searching the playground for any clues they could find in the shooting.
The victim was rushed to Brookdale Hospital, where he is in stable condition.
The shooting happened on a basketball court near East 92nd Street and Seaview Avenue.
Neighbors believe this is an isolated incident, saying this is a safe and quiet area.
"It's terrible, never had any incidents like that. I've been here for 7, 8 years," said Jason Mills, a resident.
"I jog in the park. It's a beautiful park with lots of activities, never any problems," said Allan Joseph, a resident.
Witnesses tell police the shooter was wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news, carolina leid
- At least 3 dead, 69 hurt in East Harlem explosion
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two East Harlem explosion victims identified
- Survivors describe explosion in East Harlem
- Dozens homeless after East Harlem buildings destroyed
- Video: 2 men describe pulling child out of rubble
- Investigators focus on an old cast-iron gas pipeline
- Video: East Harlem Explosion on social media
- Video: Damage throughout neighborhood after East...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape