New York News
Police hunt gunman after teen shot in groin in Canarsie
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The search is on for the person who fired the shot that put a 14-year old boy in a Brooklyn hospital.
The bullet hit the teen in the groin at about 7:30 Friday night at DiNapoli Park in Canarsie.
Police spent the evening searching the playground for any clues they could find in the shooting.
The victim was rushed to Brookdale Hospital, where he is in stable condition.
The shooting happened on a basketball court near East 92nd Street and Seaview Avenue.
Neighbors believe this is an isolated incident, saying this is a safe and quiet area.
"It's terrible, never had any incidents like that. I've been here for 7, 8 years," said Jason Mills, a resident.
"I jog in the park. It's a beautiful park with lots of activities, never any problems," said Allan Joseph, a resident.
Witnesses tell police the shooter was wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news, carolina leid
- Snow alert issued for New York City 57 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 48 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane 6 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Police hunt driver in deadly Queens hit and run
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
48 min ago