New York News
Police hunt gunman after teen shot in groin in Canarsie
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The search is on for the person who fired the shot that put a 14-year old boy in a Brooklyn hospital.
The bullet hit the teen in the groin at about 7:30 Friday night at DiNapoli Park in Canarsie.
Police spent the evening searching the playground for any clues they could find in the shooting.
The victim was rushed to Brookdale Hospital, where he is in stable condition.
The shooting happened on a basketball court near East 92nd Street and Seaview Avenue.
Neighbors believe this is an isolated incident, saying this is a safe and quiet area.
"It's terrible, never had any incidents like that. I've been here for 7, 8 years," said Jason Mills, a resident.
"I jog in the park. It's a beautiful park with lots of activities, never any problems," said Allan Joseph, a resident.
Witnesses tell police the shooter was wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news, carolina leid
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 59 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
59 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos