New York News
3 injured after exposure to liquid on bus in Queens
QUEENS (WABC) -- Three people were injured, including two children when they came in contact with what is believed to be a drain cleaner onboard a Q53 bus in the Forest Hills section.
Police say a rider was carrying the drain cleaner, and it accidentally came in contact with passengers on the bus. Someone may have tripped over the container, or the cleaner may have eaten through an improper container.
Police originally classified the incident as an "attack", but instead called it an accident.
Three people suffered burns, including two children, ages 8 and 5. All injuries are considered minor.
The man who brought the liquid on board is in custody, but police say it is unlikely he will be charged with anything.
nyc news, queens news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments