New York News
Forest Hills hit and run leaves woman dead
FOREST HILLS (WABC) -- The search is on for a hit and run driver who killed a mother walking home from work in Queens. The victim was an immigrant from Bangladesh, and had just finished her shift at McDonald's.
58-year old Nisath Hossain of Elmhurst was walking at Queens Boulevard and 71st Avenue at about 10:15 when she was struck by a minivan that kept on going.
She was transported to North Shore University Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Relatives tell Eyewitness News that the 58-year-old mother worked every single day to help support her only child, 35-year-old Faisal Riaz. They lived together in Elmhurst, and were each other's whole world. After the recent death of her husband, Hossain and her son only had each other.
"She was a very good mother, and she loved me," said Riaz, "she loved me so much."
Police believe the vehicle that hit her was a silver minivan traveling westbound on Queens Boulevard.
So far, no arrests have been made.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, forest hills, queens news, new york city, hit and run accident, new york news, lucy yang
- Snow moves out, bitter cold moves in 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow
- Snow falling on Long Island 56 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City 49 min ago
- Off-duty officer killed in Queens after crashing into storefront
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro
- Justin Bieber visits Philippine typhoon victims 38 min ago
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers 50 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City
49 min ago
- Snow moves out, bitter cold moves in
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos