New York News
Forest Hills hit and run leaves woman dead
FOREST HILLS (WABC) -- The search is on for a hit and run driver who killed a mother walking home from work in Queens. The victim was an immigrant from Bangladesh, and had just finished her shift at McDonald's.
58-year old Nisath Hossain of Elmhurst was walking at Queens Boulevard and 71st Avenue at about 10:15 when she was struck by a minivan that kept on going.
She was transported to North Shore University Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Relatives tell Eyewitness News that the 58-year-old mother worked every single day to help support her only child, 35-year-old Faisal Riaz. They lived together in Elmhurst, and were each other's whole world. After the recent death of her husband, Hossain and her son only had each other.
"She was a very good mother, and she loved me," said Riaz, "she loved me so much."
Police believe the vehicle that hit her was a silver minivan traveling westbound on Queens Boulevard.
So far, no arrests have been made.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, forest hills, queens news, new york city, hit and run accident, new york news, lucy yang
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken 6 min ago
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 27 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog 9 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 18 min ago
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen