New York News
Forest Hills hit and run leaves woman dead
FOREST HILLS (WABC) -- The search is on for a hit and run driver who killed a mother walking home from work in Queens. The victim was an immigrant from Bangladesh, and had just finished her shift at McDonald's.
58-year old Nisath Hossain of Elmhurst was walking at Queens Boulevard and 71st Avenue at about 10:15 when she was struck by a minivan that kept on going.
She was transported to North Shore University Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Relatives tell Eyewitness News that the 58-year-old mother worked every single day to help support her only child, 35-year-old Faisal Riaz. They lived together in Elmhurst, and were each other's whole world. After the recent death of her husband, Hossain and her son only had each other.
"She was a very good mother, and she loved me," said Riaz, "she loved me so much."
Police believe the vehicle that hit her was a silver minivan traveling westbound on Queens Boulevard.
So far, no arrests have been made.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, forest hills, queens news, new york city, hit and run accident, new york news, lucy yang
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday 49 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens 47 min ago
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade 32 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian...
47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
49 min ago