New York News
Woman attempts to enter 9/11 Memorial with loaded gun
NEW YORK (WABC) -- On Sunday afternoon, a woman with a loaded gun attempted to enter the 9/11 Memorial.
Police were informed of the incident by security after the suspect attempted to go through a metal detector with the loaded weapon.
The woman, who was identified as Ursula Jerry of Milwaukee, Wisconsin was carrying a semi-automatic .380 caliber Kel-Tec hand gun. The gun was loaded with two rounds in the magazine, and none in the chamber.
Jerry was arrested and charged with criminal possession of a weapon.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 8 min ago
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
8 min ago