New York News
Men accused of robbing child at gunpoint
FLATBUSH (WABC) -- Like so much of Brooklyn these days, the Flatbush and Ditmas Park sections have become newly trendy, but with an influx of new residents comes a warning about what happened there, just last week.
Police released sketches of two people they say preyed on a young mother and her two kids on Friday, as they walked home from the playground just after dark.
"Usually people kind of target just individuals all alone, you can't think of people actually trying to rob children too. It's a pretty insane story," said Kisha Forde, a Flatbush resident.
Monday evening, detectives from the NYPD's CrimeStoppers division papered East 18th Street with flyers. They're hoping someone recognizes the two men, who along with a third, approached a mother pushing her 4-year-old daughter in a stroller and had her 12 year old son walking along.
The assailants put a gun to the 12-year-old's back and demanded cash.
"I'm a bit surprised because there tend to be a lot of police patrolling at any given hour, so it's kind of shocking that something like that would be going on," said Esosa Imasuen, a Flatbush resident.
The victims were not hurt.
But in this newly hip neighborhood, residents say it's a reminder never to let their guard down.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, flatbush, brooklyn news, robbery, new york news, josh einiger
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos