New York News
Brooklyn jewelry store owner shot in apparent robbery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Brooklyn jewelry store owner was shot Monday, after police responded to a call of an attempted robbery inside his store.
The alleged robbery took place at Litan Jewelers on 5th avenue in the Sunset Park section.
The 55-year old owner of the store was shot in the right leg and taken to Lutheran Hospital, where he is listed in stable condition.
Police have one suspect in custody, and are searching for two others that fled the scene.
At this time they believe only one of the suspects had a weapon.
After the suspects entered the store and announced a robbery, the owner began arguing with them and chased them outside with an umbrella, where the shooting took place.
Rings that were stolen from the store were recovered on the street.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 45 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
1 min ago