New York News
Upper East Side burglar breaking in through fire escapes
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD is searching for a suspect who has been robbing apartments on the Upper East Side by breaking in through the fire escapes.
Police have released a surveillance image of the man they're looking for.
They say he gains entry into unoccupied residences via the fire escape and leaves through the front door with jewelry and electronics.
He is wanted in connection with five burglaries and one attempted burglary within the past month.
The robberies have taken place on 1st, 2nd and 3rd Avenues, between East 63rd Street and East 92nd Street.
The suspect is described as being a white male with grey hair who was last seen wearing a dark blue t-shirt, blue jeans, black sneakers and carrying a black backpack.
Anyone with information in regard to these incidents is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at http://WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting their tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, upper east side, burglary, new york city, new york news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls 48 min ago
- Woman tries to abduct baby from nanny in Chelsea 7 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying 57 min ago
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster