New York News
Upper East Side burglar breaking in through fire escapes
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD is searching for a suspect who has been robbing apartments on the Upper East Side by breaking in through the fire escapes.
Police have released a surveillance image of the man they're looking for.
They say he gains entry into unoccupied residences via the fire escape and leaves through the front door with jewelry and electronics.
He is wanted in connection with five burglaries and one attempted burglary within the past month.
The robberies have taken place on 1st, 2nd and 3rd Avenues, between East 63rd Street and East 92nd Street.
The suspect is described as being a white male with grey hair who was last seen wearing a dark blue t-shirt, blue jeans, black sneakers and carrying a black backpack.
Anyone with information in regard to these incidents is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at http://WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting their tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, upper east side, burglary, new york city, new york news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92 5 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014