New York News
TriBeCa attempted rape suspect caught on camera
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a man who tried to rape a woman inside her Manhattan apartment building, and they are hoping surveillance video will lead to an arrest.
The incident happened around 9:15 p.m. on Friday, September 20.
Authorities say the man followed the 39-year-old victim into her TriBeCa apartment building and attacked her in the lobby.
Another man walked in and scared the attacker away.
The woman was transported to an area hospital, where she was treated for bruising on her body and released.
The suspect is described as a male in his late 40s to mid-50s, approximately 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10 and weighing 170 to 200 pounds. He was wearing a navy blue blazer, white shirt, dark pants and black dress shoes.
Anyone with information in regards to this attempted rape is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, manhattan news, triBeCa, rape, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash