New York News
Brooklyn mom murder suspect dies after apparent suicide attempt
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The man suspected of killing his ex-girlfriend and the mother of his child in Brooklyn was taken off life support Tuesday night after his arrest last Thursday.
Eric McCormick, who allegedly shot 46-year-old Sellis Gonzalez six times after her daughters out for fried chicken last week, was taken into custody last week in Fallsburg, New York.
Police say the 40-year-old McCormick shot himself in an apparent suicide attempt when NYPD officers knocked on the door of the home around 10 p.m. He was taken off life support around 7:45 p.m. Tuesday.
He suffered a graze wound and was taken to an area hospital for treatment.
McCormick was caught on surveillance video near the scene after police say he showed up at the home around 8 p.m. Wednesday, September 18, and gave the girls money to buy chicken at a restaurant around the corner.
When they returned, NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly said they found the door ajar and their mother in a pool of blood. Gonzalez was reportedly shot three times in the head and three times in the chest.
She was rushed to Brookdale Hospital, where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, brooklyn news, brownsville, shooting, murder, new york news
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners 40 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- UPS facility fire damages packages on Long Island
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- USA to open against Ghana in '14 World Cup 8 min ago
- Bob Dylan's Newport electric guitar for sale