New York News
Suspect arrested in fatal stabbing in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn have arrested suspect in a fatal stabbing over the weekend.
Giovanni Rodriquez, 22, was stabbed multiple times in the chest and arm Sunday evening on the corner of 57th Street and Fourth Avenue in Sunset Park.
He was pronounced dead at Lutheran Medical Center.
Police took 64-year old Juan Ramos into custody for questioning Monday night, after neighbors tipped off police that he was hiding on a rooftop. Ramos was later arrested and charged with murder and criminal possession of a weapon.
The incident was sparked by an apparent verbal dispute. It is still unclear what caused the conflict or if the two knew each other.
Residents say Ramos is known to beg for money in the neighborhood.
Rodriguez's mother says another of her sons was stabbed to death, five years ago. Losing another son has been too much to bear.
"Giovanni was a very good kid for a mother, and I couldn't ask for a better son," she said. "He was not a bad person."
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, brooklyn news, sunset park, stabbing, new york news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway