New York News
Suspect arrested in fatal stabbing in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn have arrested suspect in a fatal stabbing over the weekend.
Giovanni Rodriquez, 22, was stabbed multiple times in the chest and arm Sunday evening on the corner of 57th Street and Fourth Avenue in Sunset Park.
He was pronounced dead at Lutheran Medical Center.
Police took 64-year old Juan Ramos into custody for questioning Monday night, after neighbors tipped off police that he was hiding on a rooftop. Ramos was later arrested and charged with murder and criminal possession of a weapon.
The incident was sparked by an apparent verbal dispute. It is still unclear what caused the conflict or if the two knew each other.
Residents say Ramos is known to beg for money in the neighborhood.
Rodriguez's mother says another of her sons was stabbed to death, five years ago. Losing another son has been too much to bear.
"Giovanni was a very good kid for a mother, and I couldn't ask for a better son," she said. "He was not a bad person."
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, brooklyn news, sunset park, stabbing, new york news
- House fire in New Brunswick 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- George Washington Bridge reopens for morning commute 31 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- George Washington Bridge reopens for...
31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
18 min ago