New York News
Man stabbed in middle of Staten Island street
STATEN ISLAND (WABC) -- One person was stabbed in the middle of a Staten Island street early Thursday.
The victim, a 33-year-old man on his way to work at Con Edison, was attacked near his Murray Street home in the Richmond Valley section just before 5:45 a.m.
He was reportedly stabbed multiple times and was rushed to Staten Island University Hospital North, where he is listed in critical condition.
Police are searching for two suspects and were combing through the nearby woods for evidence. They also taped off the end of the quiet dead-end street as they investigated.
No arrests were immediately made, and the motive was unclear.
Neighbors said they didn't hear anything, no arguing or screaming, and a woman staying with the victim said she didn't even realize he'd been stabbed until he started banging on the door to get back inside.
There are reports that the victim is conscious and talking to police, and he may have been able to provide them with valuable information.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, staten island news, stabbing, new york news
- 3 critical after fire tears through Brooklyn home 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 15 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique 4 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated 9 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn 17 min ago
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident