New York News
Woman accused of holding kids against will at homeless shelter
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman is in custody after holding as many as five people, including children against their will inside a city homeless shelter.
The woman was quickly taken into custody by police in the Catherine Street building.
It is unclear if she will be charged.
One adult was taken to the hospital for observation.
Five children were taken to Beth Israel Medical Center for evaluation. They were not injured but are being checked out.
The woman was taken to Bellevue Medical Center for psychiatric evaluation.
It is not known what started the dispute.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 26 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion 9 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath and Beyond
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak 53 min ago
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion 22 min ago
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Suspect in terrifying Brooklyn sex assault caught on camera
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas