New York News
Upper East Side church fire leaves 2 firefighters hurt
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two firefighters were hurt battling flames inside a church on the Upper East Side overnight Friday.
The second-alarm fire broke out inside the St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church on East 97th Street just after midnight.
Twenty-five units and more than 100 firefighters were called to the scene.
The fire was contained to the basement of the seven-story structure, and it took a little more than two hours to get the situation under control.
The firefighters were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, upper east side, fire, manhattan news, new york news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 49 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
49 min ago