New York News
3-year-old fatally struck at Queens intersection
FLUSHING (WABC) -- A 3-year-old was killed after being struck at an intersection in Queens.
The incident occurred Sunday night at the intersection of Cherry Ave and Main Street in Flushing.
According to police, Allison Liao was crossing Main Street by Cherry Ave. with her grandmother when a Nissan that was trying to make a left turn onto Main Street fatally hit the young girl.
Eyewitnesses say the inconsolable grandmother was sitting on the curb, wailing and rocking her lifeless granddaughter.
34-year-old Rick Hall says that is when he took Allison and began CPR.
Despite Hall's valiant efforts, the 3-year-old was pronounced dead at Booth Memorial Hospital. Eyewitness News is told the driver stayed at the scene and called 911. Visibly upset, the driver was also given a breathalyzer test.
As of 11 p.m. Sunday night, the driver had not been charged. Investigators currently believe this may have all been an accident.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, flushing, queens news, child killed, pedestrian struck, new york news, lucy yang
- Yonkers fire injures family of four 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Residents warned to look out for black ice 18 min ago
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Local 7 line service resumes after signal problems 27 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Infant brought to NYC hospital by parents pronounced dead 2 min ago
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of Year 21 min ago
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket 56 min ago
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
18 min ago