New York News
Brooklyn burglar with distinctive tattoos caught on video
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn are searching for a burglar who made off with $135,000 in stolen property, and they're hoping surveillance video will lead to an arrest.
Authorities say the suspect broke into the home on Avenue Z and East 27th Street in Sheepshead Bay back around 9:30 p.m. on August 31.
He allegedly got into the house through a back window and got away with an iPhone, jewelry and watches.
A surveillance camera set up in the bedroom caught the suspect in action.
The suspect is described as a male with a light skin complexion, with a tattoo of a bulldog on his right shoulder and a tattoo of praying hands on his right forearm.
Anyone with information in regards is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, brooklyn news, sheepshead bay, burglary, new york news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos