New York News
Brooklyn burglar with distinctive tattoos caught on video
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn are searching for a burglar who made off with $135,000 in stolen property, and they're hoping surveillance video will lead to an arrest.
Authorities say the suspect broke into the home on Avenue Z and East 27th Street in Sheepshead Bay back around 9:30 p.m. on August 31.
He allegedly got into the house through a back window and got away with an iPhone, jewelry and watches.
A surveillance camera set up in the bedroom caught the suspect in action.
The suspect is described as a male with a light skin complexion, with a tattoo of a bulldog on his right shoulder and a tattoo of praying hands on his right forearm.
Anyone with information in regards is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, brooklyn news, sheepshead bay, burglary, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College student, prosecutor... 6 min ago
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services 26 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College...
6 min ago