New York News
East Harlem armed robbery suspect caught on tape
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Manhattan are searching for a robbery suspect who uses a knife to threaten his victims before stealing their cell phones and other valuables, and they are hoping surveillance video will help lead to an arrest.
The most recent incident happened on East 106th Street and 3rd Avenue in East Harlem around 7:30 p.m. on October 5.
The suspect was caught on surveillance video talking on a cell phone near the scene, where police say he followed a 45-year-old man into his apartment building, threatened him with a knife and removed $230 from the victim's wallet.
In each incident, the suspect follows the victim into the building vestibule, where he brandishes the knife and demands property. There were no reported injuries these incidents.
The other two incidents happened on October 1 in the vicinity of East 109th Street and 1st Avenue and on October 2 at East 102nd Street and 1st Avenue. The victims, a 25-year-old man and a 24-year-old man, had cash and cell phones stolen.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male in his mid 20s. Police also released a photo of a black van that may be the suspect's getaway vehicle.
Anyone with information in regard to these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, manhattan news, east harlem, robbery, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ