New York News
East Harlem armed robbery suspect caught on tape
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Manhattan are searching for a robbery suspect who uses a knife to threaten his victims before stealing their cell phones and other valuables, and they are hoping surveillance video will help lead to an arrest.
The most recent incident happened on East 106th Street and 3rd Avenue in East Harlem around 7:30 p.m. on October 5.
The suspect was caught on surveillance video talking on a cell phone near the scene, where police say he followed a 45-year-old man into his apartment building, threatened him with a knife and removed $230 from the victim's wallet.
In each incident, the suspect follows the victim into the building vestibule, where he brandishes the knife and demands property. There were no reported injuries these incidents.
The other two incidents happened on October 1 in the vicinity of East 109th Street and 1st Avenue and on October 2 at East 102nd Street and 1st Avenue. The victims, a 25-year-old man and a 24-year-old man, had cash and cell phones stolen.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male in his mid 20s. Police also released a photo of a black van that may be the suspect's getaway vehicle.
Anyone with information in regard to these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, manhattan news, east harlem, robbery, new york news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 27 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos