New York News
Algonquin Hotel vandalism, scuffle leads to 2 arrests
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An incident at the Algonquin Hotel in Midtown landed two men in custody Tuesday night.
Police say the men broke a window at the hotel, located at 44th Street and Fifth Avenue, around 8:30 p.m.
The window reportedly housed a large decorative bottle of champagne.
A passerby saw the vandalism and tried to stop them, leading the suspects to punch him.
The victim was taken to Roosevelt Hospital, where he was treated for minor injuries.
Detectives from the police commissioner's detail were nearby, and they arrested 25-year-old Tyrone Edwards and 23-year-old Brian Reese.
They are charged with criminal mischief and assault.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 36 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Man, 65, shot to death on street in Clinton Hill
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
36 min ago