New York News
Algonquin Hotel vandalism, scuffle leads to 2 arrests
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An incident at the Algonquin Hotel in Midtown landed two men in custody Tuesday night.
Police say the men broke a window at the hotel, located at 44th Street and Fifth Avenue, around 8:30 p.m.
The window reportedly housed a large decorative bottle of champagne.
A passerby saw the vandalism and tried to stop them, leading the suspects to punch him.
The victim was taken to Roosevelt Hospital, where he was treated for minor injuries.
Detectives from the police commissioner's detail were nearby, and they arrested 25-year-old Tyrone Edwards and 23-year-old Brian Reese.
They are charged with criminal mischief and assault.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Woman shot to death in Queens domestic dispute 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 31 min ago
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery 59 min ago
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
31 min ago