New York News
Building super catches car thief targeting tenants
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A super tired of constant car break-ins at his building in the Concord section of Staten Island, took matters into his own hands and tracked down the culprit.
Louie Negron is a super super. He's the 30-year-old superintendent of a building that saw more than its share of car break-ins and even his own car was a target.
"The entire neighborhood had been under siege from this guy," Negron said.
So over the weekend he staged a stakeout. He spent the night in his fire engine red Ford Explorer with nothing but his bible and his thoughts.
At daybreak, he was about to give up when he saw action on the street.
"I said right away this is the guy," Negron said.
You can see the man snooping around cars in the lot and Negron jumping out of his car.
"I said this can't be real this guy just ran home," Negron said.
Police arrested 23-year-old Robert Brascia and found several phones including his own!
"He does look after everyone in the building. That's Louie!" a tenant said.
Now Negron is basking in the glow of his grateful tenants for taking a stand, some say he'd be a great cop.
"He can keep the apology. I forgive him either way," Negron said.
But Negron is a God fearing, future minister, and if anything he says this experience has showed him that he's on the right path.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, staten island, theft, new york news, josh einiger
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment 43 min ago
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt 49 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams