New York News
Woman receives graphic email about mother's corpse
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Compounding a daughter's grief, a woman arranging her mother's funeral is stunned to find out her mother's body may have been defiled.
It was difficult enough for Pamela Johnson when her mother died suddenly back in May.
She chose Grace Funeral Chapels in Brooklyn for the wake and funeral.
She says a day before the services, someone emailed her saying a person at the funeral home had sex with her mother's corpse, and that put her over the edge.
She says the funeral home's director told her it was sent by a disgruntled former employee.
But, she's now filing a lawsuit.
In it she names the three men she thought would be taking care of her mother's body.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, brooklyn news, new york news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
46 min ago