New York News
2-year old struck and killed by SUV in Jackson Heights
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A two-year old boy was struck and killed by an SUV while walking across a road in Jackson Heights, Queens Friday night.
Police say the vehicle was going northbound on Junction Boulevard and hit the boy as he crossed the street with his mother at about 9:50 p.m.
The operator of the SUV stopped and took the child and his mother to Booth Memorial Hospital, where the boy, Jaied Gigueroa, was pronounced dead.
After further investigation, police arrested the 35-year old driver of the SUV, a white 2011 Acura MDX. Charges are pending.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, jackson heights, child killed, new york city, new york news
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Chilly Wednesday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- Photos: Blind man and dog fall on subway tracks
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- ACS workers reach plea deal in girl's death
- Jersey City reveals what was inside mysterious safes
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos