New York News
2-year old struck and killed by SUV in Jackson Heights
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A two-year old boy was struck and killed by an SUV while walking across a road in Jackson Heights, Queens Friday night.
Police say the vehicle was going northbound on Junction Boulevard and hit the boy as he crossed the street with his mother at about 9:50 p.m.
The operator of the SUV stopped and took the child and his mother to Booth Memorial Hospital, where the boy, Jaied Gigueroa, was pronounced dead.
After further investigation, police arrested the 35-year old driver of the SUV, a white 2011 Acura MDX. Charges are pending.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, jackson heights, child killed, new york city, new york news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military 10 min ago
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn 57 min ago
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 42 min ago
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 14 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift 3 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while...
22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
52 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos