New York News
2-year old struck and killed by SUV in Jackson Heights
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A two-year old boy was struck and killed by an SUV while walking across a road in Jackson Heights, Queens Friday night.
Police say the vehicle was going northbound on Junction Boulevard and hit the boy as he crossed the street with his mother at about 9:50 p.m.
The operator of the SUV stopped and took the child and his mother to Booth Memorial Hospital, where the boy, Jaied Gigueroa, was pronounced dead.
After further investigation, police arrested the 35-year old driver of the SUV, a white 2011 Acura MDX. Charges are pending.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, jackson heights, child killed, new york city, new york news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos