New York News
Mother speaks about surveillance of murdered daughter
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD has released new surveillance video in connection with a body found on a beach Queens last winter.
"Many days I don't eat, many days I don't drink anything. My kids comfort me so much, my friends, my family, if I didn't have them I don't know what I would do," said Bibi Ali, the victim's mother.
It's been about 10 months since Bibi Ali's daughter Marisha Cheong vanished from her Jamaica home.
It's been nearly eight months since her body washed up at Breezy Point with her hands and feet bound, half naked, and with every bone in her body broken.
"They kill her and they throw her away like, like she was garbage or something," Ali said.
And after all this time, police have found few answers.
Police released a video, shot on December 19th, as a mysterious woman led Cheong by the arm away from the home she shared with her boyfriend, Latchman Balkaran.
It would be the last time anyone saw Cheong alive, though he didn't report her disappearance to police until the next day.
And when her body turned up in February, he told Eyewitness News he had nothing to do with her death.
"Someone has to know something. People just don't disappear, people don't just leave their house and no one knows anything. But her body washed up, someone put her there. Someone did that," said Latchman Balkaran, the victim's boyfriend back on February 18th.
Marisha's mom suspects Balkaran did it after her daughter found out he was having an affair, and threatened to leave.
No one came to door of Balkaran's house Thursday night, the house where Marisha lived with him, before her disappearance.
Detectives have interviewed, but have not arrested him. And with the police investigation seemingly stalled, Marisha's mom is left with her pictures, and her thoughts, and prayers for closure.
"In the night that you lie down, thinking about her, what they did to her, it hurts. It hurts. It hurts you so badly," Ali said.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, queens news, body found, new york news, josh einiger
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Stage collapses at California high school: 3040 hurt 5 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97