New York News
Homeless man arrested in scissor stabbing of man in Battery Park City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A scissor wielding homeless man stabbed a man who had just left work in Battery Park City early Thursday, police said.
Police arrested Michael Pereira, 50, following the attack in a playground near North End Avenue just before 4:00 a.m.
The 33-year-old victim had just left work when police say he was confronted by Pereira.
The two began arguing, which culminated in Pereira allegedly pulling the scissors on the victim
He was stabbed in the back and chest and both arms. He was treated and released from New York Downtown Hospital.
Pereira was charged with assault.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Child, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 7 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos