New York News
Another biker arraigned in SUV attack
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Another biker is under arrest in connection with the road rage attack on an SUV driver on the West Side Highway.
28-year old Kaliq Douglas was arraigned Saturday after being charged with first-degree gang assault. Bail was set at $25,000 cash or bond. Only Eyewitness News' cameras were there as the Brooklyn man was led from the 5th precinct Friday evening handcuffed and escorted by detectives.
He is accused along with a number of other bikers of being involved in what's seen in a YouTube video, a disturbing series of events that followed an accident on the Henry Hudson Parkway between one biker and the driver of the SUV, 33-year-old Alexian Lien.
Lien's SUV suddenly lurched forward driving over a motorcycle and critically injuring 32-year-old Edwin Mieses.
Other bikers then gave chase and eventually surrounded Lien and his wife and 2-year-old daughter on 178th Street.
In the video one biker is seen slamming his helmet against the driver's side window, smashing it.
After the video stopped, Lien was pulled from the SUV and assaulted. So far, eight men have been charged in the assault.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, road rage, new york news, tim fleischer
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey 47 min ago
- Paterson fire guts 3 buildings, displaces families
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners recalled
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos