New York News
Man attempts to bring weapons onto plane at JFK
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Long Island man was arrested at Kennedy Airport Saturday when he tried to bring a bag full of weapons onto a plane.
Port Authority police say 29-year-old Timothy Schiavo, Jr. from Patchogue had more than a dozen knives, several pairs of scissors, lighters and matches in his carry-on bag.
Authorities say a TSA worker found the stash of weapons during a security screening at the Terminal 5 screening point.
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Police spokesman Joe Pentangelo says Schiavo was charged with two counts of criminal possession of a weapon.
Police say among the weapons he was carrying was a trench knife, which has metal knuckles on the handle of the blade.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick 19 min ago
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos