New York News
Man attempts to bring weapons onto plane at JFK
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Long Island man was arrested at Kennedy Airport Saturday when he tried to bring a bag full of weapons onto a plane.
Port Authority police say 29-year-old Timothy Schiavo, Jr. from Patchogue had more than a dozen knives, several pairs of scissors, lighters and matches in his carry-on bag.
Authorities say a TSA worker found the stash of weapons during a security screening at the Terminal 5 screening point.
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Police spokesman Joe Pentangelo says Schiavo was charged with two counts of criminal possession of a weapon.
Police say among the weapons he was carrying was a trench knife, which has metal knuckles on the handle of the blade.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Missing plane may have turned back 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 57 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 40 min ago
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll 6 min ago
- Missing plane may have turned back
17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
57 min ago