New York News
Man attempts to bring weapons onto plane at JFK
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Long Island man was arrested at Kennedy Airport Saturday when he tried to bring a bag full of weapons onto a plane.
Port Authority police say 29-year-old Timothy Schiavo, Jr. from Patchogue had more than a dozen knives, several pairs of scissors, lighters and matches in his carry-on bag.
Authorities say a TSA worker found the stash of weapons during a security screening at the Terminal 5 screening point.
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Police spokesman Joe Pentangelo says Schiavo was charged with two counts of criminal possession of a weapon.
Police say among the weapons he was carrying was a trench knife, which has metal knuckles on the handle of the blade.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway