New York News
Man attempts to bring weapons onto plane at JFK
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Long Island man was arrested at Kennedy Airport Saturday when he tried to bring a bag full of weapons onto a plane.
Port Authority police say 29-year-old Timothy Schiavo, Jr. from Patchogue had more than a dozen knives, several pairs of scissors, lighters and matches in his carry-on bag.
Authorities say a TSA worker found the stash of weapons during a security screening at the Terminal 5 screening point.
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Police spokesman Joe Pentangelo says Schiavo was charged with two counts of criminal possession of a weapon.
Police say among the weapons he was carrying was a trench knife, which has metal knuckles on the handle of the blade.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
29 min ago