New York News
Queens robber hits three banks in an hour
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a bank robber who had a busy Saturday morning in Queens.
He hit three banks in Richmond Hill and Jamaica, all within about an hour.
At the first two, authorities say he passed notes demanding money, but in each case the bank teller did not comply and he left empty-handed.
At the third bank, an Astoria Federal Savings Bank, the suspect passed another note and the teller handed him $3,300.
The suspect is described as a black male, 20-30's, 185-200 pounds with a medium complexion. He was last seen wearing black sunglasses, a tan top and a black lumberjack style hat.
During the second incident, the suspect wore a red hooded sweatshirt, black lumberjack style hat, black shoes and blue jeans.
Photos of the suspects are attached.
Anyone with information is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says 5 min ago
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos