New York News
Queens robber hits three banks in an hour
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a bank robber who had a busy Saturday morning in Queens.
He hit three banks in Richmond Hill and Jamaica, all within about an hour.
At the first two, authorities say he passed notes demanding money, but in each case the bank teller did not comply and he left empty-handed.
At the third bank, an Astoria Federal Savings Bank, the suspect passed another note and the teller handed him $3,300.
The suspect is described as a black male, 20-30's, 185-200 pounds with a medium complexion. He was last seen wearing black sunglasses, a tan top and a black lumberjack style hat.
During the second incident, the suspect wore a red hooded sweatshirt, black lumberjack style hat, black shoes and blue jeans.
Photos of the suspects are attached.
Anyone with information is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
10 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos