New York News
Deadly Queens Village fire ruled accidental
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The FDNY says a fire on Sunday afternoon that killed man in a Queens Village house was accidental, caused by electrical wiring in the basement.
The blaze broke out inside a house on Springfield Boulevard.
Firefighters pulled out a man who was trapped in the attic. He was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
Fire officials say there were no working smoke detectors in the home.
Another man inside the home who jumped out of a window to escape the flames suffered non-life threatening injuries.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, queens news, fire, new york news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park