New York News
Deadly Queens Village fire ruled accidental
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The FDNY says a fire on Sunday afternoon that killed man in a Queens Village house was accidental, caused by electrical wiring in the basement.
The blaze broke out inside a house on Springfield Boulevard.
Firefighters pulled out a man who was trapped in the attic. He was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
Fire officials say there were no working smoke detectors in the home.
Another man inside the home who jumped out of a window to escape the flames suffered non-life threatening injuries.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, queens news, fire, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash