New York News
Deadly Queens Village fire ruled accidental
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The FDNY says a fire on Sunday afternoon that killed man in a Queens Village house was accidental, caused by electrical wiring in the basement.
The blaze broke out inside a house on Springfield Boulevard.
Firefighters pulled out a man who was trapped in the attic. He was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
Fire officials say there were no working smoke detectors in the home.
Another man inside the home who jumped out of a window to escape the flames suffered non-life threatening injuries.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, queens news, fire, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College student, prosecutor...
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted 52 min ago
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 8 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 16 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Golden Globes nominations announced